I am a fully qualified Medical Herbalist and Registered Acupuncturist, currently working in private practice in Rutland, UK. I work by appointment only, offering one to one consultations.
Trained in the application of functional medicine principles I specialise in stress management and working with people with complex, chronic disease to achieve their optimum wellness.
I have studied several subjects and disciplines that help me in this process. I graduated with the Royal Society of Chemistry, then after studying with the College of Phytotherapy I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Phytotherapy (Herbal Medicine) with Honours, from the University of Wales, in 2002.
Since graduating I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Nutritional Medicine, with Merit, 2007, with the University of Surrey.
I am a member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists, the College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy, and the Acupuncture Acutherapy Council. And I am currently working towards Certification with the Institute of Functional Medicine.
I continue to update and expand my education and have completed several other courses and attended seminars, webinars and workshops to ensure my knowledge is up to date.
A summary of my Continuous Professional Development to date:
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Immune Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Energy Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine, Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Detox Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: GI Advanced Practice Module
- Graduate of the AFMCP™-UK course
- NIMH seminar – Analgesia; the search for effective pain relief – Botanical and Nutritional Protocols
- Completed the Monash University ‘Low FODMAP Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome’ online training course for health professionals
- trained in Women’s Integrative and Functional Medicine,
with Dr. Aviva Romm, The New Medicine for Women Institute – Online Course
- ADAPT Framework Level One, trained with the Kresser Institute for Functional and Evolutionary Medicine
ADAPT stands for Advanced Diagnostics and Personalised Treatment, Kresser Institute
- Certificate – Gut Challenge Practitioner (Nutri Advanced Ltd)
- CPP seminar – Phytotherapy for Bacterial Disease
- NIMH seminar – Natural approaches to improving fertility
- Shulan College Seminar – Infertility
- Diploma – Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage), Shulan College of Chinese Medicine
- Seminar – Managing inflammation and pain with herbs
- Seminar – Strategies for managing cancer with botanicals and nutrition
- Workshop – Herbal Medicine, Nutrition, and Adrenal Stress – The Science and Art of Adaptogens
- Diploma in Distance Tutoring, Blackford Centre
- Certified GAPS Practitioner Training
- NIMH Seminar – A natural approach to breast and prostate cancer care
- Seminar – The key to healthy weight loss and vitality
- Microsystems Acupuncture Certificate (Wrist, Ankle, Scalp and Auricular acupuncture techniques), Bodyharmonics
- Electroacupuncture, Bodyharmonics